How to limit the number of orders per delivery slot
- Edit your Outlet by clicking it's name
- Scroll down to the Local Delivery section and locate your Delivery slots settings
- Click Limit number of orders per delivery slot
- Enter the maximum number of orders allowed per slot, per day in the Order limit field
- Click Save
Due to restrictions surrounding the Shopify checkout process there are some technical limitations that you should be aware of when using this feature.
It is possible for customers to exceed your slot limit in the following circumstances
- Say you have one remaining slot for a given day and multiple customers are on your shopping cart page at the same time, they both select the last remaining slot. In this situation it is possible that your slot limit will be exceeded. We only reduce the remaining slot count once an order has successfully been placed.
- If you are using abandoned carts, it's possible that your slot limit will be exceeded. The customer will choose their specific delivery slot on the shopping cart page. When they return using an abandoned cart link they will be sent directly to the checkout process, and so don't get the opportunity to select a new delivery slot. Instead their old slot will remain valid and the order can be placed.