Parcelify is an amazing free app that allows you to dynamically generate shipping rates for your store. It works great with the Store Pickup + Delivery and complements it by allowing you to show/hide shipping rates in the checkout process when pickup is selected.
How to create a Rate
- Select ‘New Shipping Rate’ from the top right of the app.
- Give it a name, the description is optional.
- Add a base ‘price’ - this is in the smallest denomination of your currency, i.e cents or pence. For example a delivery fee of $2.50 would be result in the value of 250 being entered into this box (250 cents).
- Add weight or price variables - weight is always listed in grams so you will need to convert.
- Tap the save button on the top right and you’re rate is live!
Hiding ‘shipping’ rates when customers select pickup
When a customer selects pickup on the cart page we pre-fill and rename the usual shopify shipping address section. In most languages we re-name this section ‘Pickup Information’ and pre-fill the fields with the pickup location details, only asking the customer to add their name, email and phone (optional).
Using Parcelify’s advanced filters we are able to filter your shipping rates so that they do not show when a customer checks out selecting pickup.
- Open up the Store Pickup + Delivery app and view your location details
- Copy and paste the ‘Address line 1’, for the rates to filter correctly this needs to be exact, we recommend copying and pasting this value rather than typing it to ensure continuity.
- Open Parcelify and edit an existing rate.
- Add a ‘filter’ at the bottom of the page
- From the field dropdown select: Address Line 1
- From the verb field select: ‘Exclude’
- In the value field past in your value from Address line 1 copied in the Store Pickup + Delivery app.
If you have multiple locations you will need to list all of them here separated by a | symbol.
I.e. if you have the location data of 767 5th Ave and 400 Stewart Ave you would list them as:
767 5th Ave|400 Stewart
Adding postal code/zip code restrictions
- Add a ‘filter’
- From the field dropdown select: Zipcode / Postal Code
- From the verb field select ‘Include’
- In the value field list all of you zip/postal codes separated by a | symbol.
I.e. if you want to include the zips 90210, 90211 and 90212 you would list them as:
Although Parcelify is super powerful it currently does not have the ability to distinguish between shipping and local delivery rates, it only allows you to hide shipping rates when pickup is select or hide local delivery rates when pickup is selected. We are working on an internal shipping solution that should allow you to show/hide your local delivery rates when shipping is selected and vice versa.