This guide will show you how to have different lead times per product with Store Pickup + Delivery.
The first step is to decide how many different lead times you need. Most merchants offer same day pickups for many of their products. But, some items may require additional lead times.
Below is a typical example for a bakery. They have three products each requiring a different amount of lead time.
|Product||SKU||Min Lead Time Before Pickup|
|Lovely Cupcake||cupcake||1 hour|
|Customised Birthday Cake||customised-birthday-cake||2 days|
|Wedding Cake||wedding-cake||7 days|
- Create your pickup location within Zapiet, setting your pickup offset values to 1 hour.
- Next, create a second location copying the details from the first exactly, but changing the offset value to, 2 days.
- Do the same again, but set the offset value to 7 days.
- You should now have three identical locations each with different offset values. We've appended the offset time to the company name field to make things easier to understand, although this is optional.
- Next, add the following code to your storepickup-addons.liquid file within your theme's snippets folder.
Your storepickup-addons.liquid file should now look like this:
- The final step is to replace the values of the pickupFilterByValue field in the code above with your own location ID's. You'll find them within the Advanced tab of each of your locations.
- That's it, mission complete! Now if a customer has the Wedding Cake product in their basket the minimum date they'll be able to pickup is 7 days from now.